Samantha Mathis, L'ultimo amore

« Older   Newer »
martuccina81
view post Posted on 12/9/2007, 10:29 by: martuccina81     +1   -1

ALLORA JULIE LA NUOVA ISCRITTA MI HA PASSATO UN ARTICOLO che PARLA DI PETER BOGDANOVITCH..E IN CUI CI SN ANCHE LE PAROLE E LE REAZIONI DI SAMANTHA RIGUARDO ALLA NOTTE IN CUI RIVER è MORTO..
Ora noi tt sappiamo delle cose perkè le abbiamo lette nel libro di lawrence postato qui..ma sentite io metto ugualmente anche questa versione perchè a me personalmente nns embra poi cosi assurda..anzi..

Posto qui un pezzo di quell'articolo e traduco facendo un riassunto..altrim diventa tr lungo ok?

inizia con peter bogdanovitch che chiama samantha al tel perche ha appena appreso cosa è successo a river!

By the time I got home, it was getting late, but I called Sam. She sounded numb. It had all happened so fast, she said. She'd suspected River had taken some drugs earlier in the evening but hadn't been sure of it. They hadn't planned to hang out at the Viper Room - only to go by, say hello, drop off Joaquin and Rain, and then go back to her house. But River had brought his guitar, knowing some friends were jamming there, and had really wanted to play with them. Reluctantly, Sam said, she'd yielded.
After a while, she saw River with a pal of his who he had told her was a junkie, and a bouncer was opening a side door for them. She didn't know if they were being pushed out or going out of their own accord. Evidently, the junkie had given River some stuff that didn't mix with what he might have already taken. River complained that he wasn't feeling well, but his friend told him he was just being paranoid. Worried, Sam followed them out to the sidewalk to keep an eye on them, lit a cigarette, and walked ten feet away to give them privacy. When she turned around, River had started going into convulsions, then he dropped to the sidewalk. His friend said he was fine, to just leave him alone. Knowing that couldn't be true, Sam said, and that something was terribly wrong, she tried to get River on his feet, but he seemed to have passed out. She ran into the club to get Joaquin and Rain. Joaquin called 911 while Rain and Sam tried to help River. Then Joaquin and Rain both attempted unsuccessfully to revive River. By the time the paramedics got there, he had gone into cardiac arrest. Though they tried repeatedly to revive him, it was too late. He was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Sam said that Joaquin and his sisters were overcome with grief, and that Heart was being incredibly strong, holding everybody together. How she did it, Sam said, she didn't know. We spoke a little while longer, me trying to say something about the indestructibility of the spirit. I promised that first thing in the morning, I would come over to the house where everyone was staying.
When I arrived, some friends were in the kitchen making sandwiches. The kids looked devastated. Heart, as Sam had said, was amazingly in control. We embraced for a long moment. She said her main concern right now was helping the other children through this - they were all devoted to River, worshipful - and it was so terrible for them that she couldn't really show how she felt.
Sam and I spoke for a while, alone. She cried. She and River had been talking a lot, she said, looking forward to seeing each other. He had been totally clean, she said. The minute he got to L.A., the bad influences surfaced, the temptations reached out. Because he had been off everything for more than three months, he was far more vulnerable than if he had never stopped.
Joaquin was having a cigarette in the living room. We hadn't met before, but Joaquin said that River had spoken well of me. As he tried to speak of his brother, Joaquin broke down; recalling the terrible last moments, he began sobbing and couldn't go on. I embraced him. He held on to me and kept crying.
There was a memorial for River a few days later at the Paramount Theatre on the lot. Sidney Poitier was very eloquent and touching, as were Ethan Hawke and numerous others. On a talk show not long afterward, the host asked veteran star Tony Curtis to comment on the death of River Phoenix. I recall Curtis saying cryptically that it was "difficult to comprehend how much envy" there was in Hollywood. The remark resonates.
Samantha had many recriminations about that horrible final night, most particularly against the junkie, but Heart would hear none of it. There was nothing that could bring River's body back to life, Heart seemed to feel, and she focused entirely on the continuing life of River's spirit and on helping her children overcome the tragedy and learn to live with their brother in a different way. Her strength and selflessness were inspirational. Eventually, there were lawsuits against River's estate because his death happened during a picture. Corporate inhumanity knows no bounds.

OK Samantha dice a peter b.che tutto è successo cosi in fretta quella notte..lei era ancora sotto shock ovviamente.Lei gli disse che aveva avuto il sospetto che river avesse preso qualcosa nel pomeriggio ma nn era assolutamente sicura(visto che ricordiamoci era anche molto influenzato e debilitato..e infatti lei questo dopo lo dice!)
Disse che inizialmente nn avevano intenzione di rimanere tanto al Viper semplicemte fare un salto salutare un pò di gente portare a fare un giro joaquin e rain e tornare a casa.Ma poi river prese la chitarra perchè sapeva che degli amici suonavano li e lui voleva suonare qualcosa cn loro.
poi Samantha racconta su come sn andate le cose al viper..ma sec me nn sono andate come raccontate qui..perchè tutti ormai sappiamo che river si drogò in bagno e qui racconta che samantha lo vide uscire cn degli amici che lei sapeva bene facessero uso di droghe..per carità..magari è anche accaduto questo..forse prima ke river andasse in bagno..nn so..cmq vado alla prte in cui samantha parla cn peter sul dopo che river mori..
Samantha racconta che quando Hearth seppe della notizia nn perse il controllo..joaquin e rain erano ovviamente sotto shock ma Hearth si mantenne salda forte.Samantha disse che nn sapeva come ci riuscisse a mantenere quel controllo.Poi peter promise a samantha che sarebbe andato a trovare hearth e gli altri il giorno dopo e cosi fece..
Qui c'è un racconto di peter che abbraccia forte Hearth che mantiene sempre la sua compostezza lei dice perchè deve pensare a tenere in piedi gli altri suoi figli.
Joaquin che lui nna veva mai visto prima era seduto in una stanza a fumare e joaquin gli disse che river gli aveva parlato bene di lui..ma subito dopo scoppio a piangere,,peter lo abbracciò e lui continuò a piangere(vabbè vedete voi..)
cmq infine si dice che Samantha e Peter parlarono ancora e lei piangeva senza riuscire a fermarsi..gli diceva che lei e river parlavano molto e cercavano sempre di vedersi nell'ultimo periodo..nonostante lui fosse sempre impegnato nel suo nuovo film..lei gli disse che river era stanco e debilitato ma era ssolutamente pulito da mesi lei ne era certa..Inoltre dice che Samantha era veramente arrabbiata per quella notte.. era sopratt arrabbiata con chi avesse dato la droga a river e voleva dirlo alla conferenza della paramount ma Hearth nn volle!Disse che nessuno avrebbe riportato in vita suo figlio cmq..e che lo spirito continua avivere e voleva che i suoi figli vivessero quel tragico momento nel modo più sereno possibile etc etc..(NON MI ESPRIMO SU QUESTOARGOMENTO SAPETE ORMAI TUTTI COME LA PENSO!)

questo è quanto..
ognubo di voi è libero ovviam di credere a quel che c'è scritto oppure no..so ke è un articolo tratto da internet..quindi nn so altro..
Cmq volevo ringraziare Julie per averlo condiviso con noi!

PS:L'ARTICOLO INTERO LO TROVATE NELLA SEZIONE INGLESE..LI CI SN ANCHE LE PAROLE DI DERMOT E ALTRI AMICI DI RIO..APPENA POSSO TRDURRòA ANCHE QUELLA PARTE!CI SN COSE MOLTO CARINE SU RIVER DETTE DAGLI ALTRI!

Edited by martuccina81 - 12/9/2007, 11:55

107 replies since 3/7/2007, 23:22   4650 views