Samantha Mathis, L'ultimo amore

« Older   Newer »
martuccina81
view post Posted on 19/7/2007, 12:27 by: martuccina81     +1   -1

per ora inserisco una intervista audio compresa di testo scritto fatta pochi mesi fa asamantha mathis in cui lei tra l'altro menziona alla morte di river e alla morte per cancro di sua madre avvenuta pochi anni dopo la morte di rio..
eccola!

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07120/782084-129.stm
cliccando su listen in sotto la foto della mathis potete ascoltare proprio la conversazione..
questa č l'intervista scritta...

Q: Do you think young Hollywood is any more out of control then when you were experiencing it?

A: I think in general, society is in a different place. This sort of rabid consumerism, obsession with celebrity, obsession with fame, obsession with the right hand bag and that being newsworthy is something that simply didn't occur when I was a young actress. I feel for these young women now, being swept up in a completely different sort of movement.

When I was a young actress in my late teens and early 20s, we certainly would go out and have a good time, but it was really about being a good actress.

Now it has become about something entirely different. I shudder to think about all these magazines like Stuff and Maxim, where young women are really encouraged to sell themselves as sex objects and superstars as opposed to focusing on the craft of acting.

Q: You dated River Phoenix and you were in the Viper Room that night that he overdosed. Did you ever get into the drug scene?

A: I mean, I was certainly not headed toward rehab by any means. I had my standard experimentation in my early 20s. But I was never doing hard drugs like that.

Q: Why did you give up acting after your mother died?

A: I didn't give it up. I just took a break (laughing). You know, I had been working at that point for 10 years. After River had died, my Mom contracted lung cancer. I was by her side when she went through three years of chemo and radiation. I worked maniacally almost during that time and did a lot of work I'm really proud of.

When River died, I went straight into a movie and that's how I processed it at that point. But once my Mom passed, I just really needed to allow myself to take stock and take a break. So I did, and I stopped acting for just a little over a year. I went to therapy and allowed myself to fall apart for a little while.

I just was devastated. My mother and I were extremely close and I really needed to allow myself that time.

Q: Did it alter your perspective in a permanent way?

A: How can it not? I think when you lose people who are close to you, you begin to re-examine what's important in life and what isn't. It is so easy to get caught up in the day-to-day, and I still do. There was a time when I was so very present to everything. I still have to remind myself.

I think it changed me in some really wonderful ways. I became much closer to my siblings who are from my father's second marriage. Friendships become that much more important. The family that you have is what's really precious.

Q: Are you in a relationship now?

A: Nope. I'm single.

Q: The movie is about organ donation and cell memory. Do you believe in that sort of thing?

A: Who's to say? There certainly are documented experiences of people who have had memory or emotions that don't necessarily belong to them. I believe that there's lots more to things in general than we tend to want to give credence to.

Q: Are you an organ donor? Do you believe in organ donation?

A: I have been, on my driver's license, before. I don't in fact know if I am now. I have to look into that because I do believe in it because once we're gone, we're gone.

Q: Did I read you are a florist now?

A: Well, I started a floral company called Succulent. So yes. It happened because I was literally just playing with succulent plants and fell in love with this variety of succulent. They are hard to kill, which is great for me because I don't have a green thumb, unlike my mother and grandmother who were prolific gardeners.

So I thought last year, why not start a company that delivers floral arrangements that live instead of die? You know? Especially in this town, people spend so much money sending flowers that are dead in four or five days. It's a great creative outlet for me.

107 replies since 3/7/2007, 23:22   4650 views